Friday, November 02, 2007

When They Leave


Deception for the faithful,
I steer a ship with no bearings.
If a friend's calling one can't take,
Escaping is the only mean of running.

For the deeper in the trace I fall,
The easier it lingers on my soul.
And, alas, my soul cannot be fooled,
Be it by others or myself,
When the calling was not my own.

Then dealing with my darkness,
I hear truths of sadness...
No loss, I say. For me, at least.

Yet the air that comes with each breath,
The toxins that enter here and there.
They shout... they proclaim...
Alas, today is simply another day...

But when your friends can't see the day,
And shadow down the unfitting path,
There are no words one can share
Which will deny the haunting they cry.

I hear their words, but can't relate.
The punishment was not theirs,
And the release is the truth we all will face.

Alas, I am numbed... I am numbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment