Monday, June 28, 2010

I Was About To Leave


I wasn't going to kill it,
That was certain...

But I needed some distance from it all.

I could not take the fact of being replaced so easily.

But aren't we all?

Replaceable...

One day, the next, or soon enough.
We cannot stay forever.

Will you stay until I fall asleep?
I don't want a replacement for you...
I'm so far into your story now...

Together...

I feel it.
I see it.

Easily.

I just wish they would think out loud.
And then we could all live in peace.

Sigh... I was about to leave when you simply said...

"I told him..."

So I stayed. So now I plan. So now I move forward.
Now... a different state from yesterday...

Another day will be tomorrow...
I want to see how far we can go if we play together.

If we play it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment