Monday, June 28, 2010

Three Rounds Later


The bell rang.

There was no knock out.
We both were still standing.

My expectations went down the river, I'm afraid.
There was no decisive blow...

Yet, not all had been lost.

A feeling laid there... still intact.
Still shining past the darkness.

I could not deny what I felt,
But my Will had been damaged.

Too many blows.
Even a resilient Will can feel pain.

As the moment paused...
The lights blinded my blurry sight.

I recounted the damage done.
It didn't look good. It didn't feel right.

Maybe the scorecard will bring good news.
Maybe the scorecard will never come.

Blood.

It is when you stop...
That you realize how bad you bleed.

I will need healing.
Time can grant me that.

Will I stay for the judges' call?
I don't think I need to.

I see them arguing amongst themselves.
Looks like they can't get it clear.

As I stood there waiting.
Losing hope of a final resolution...

It came to me...

I don't need a winner.
I didn't do this to win.

I did this to fight.
Because it was a worthy fight.

That was all I wanted.
The honour of doing something worthy.

To know that I still live.
To try to grasp that which is worth living for.

Maybe someday they'll get it together,
Maybe they'll find the answer.

Maybe she will get her thoughts together.

But not now, it seems. Not now.

I turned around, smiled and headed out.
I'll come back again and fight, I'm sure.

But for now, I need to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment